Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Everyday Matters

Sometimes when I want to sketch something, I'm indecisive about what to sketch.  There are so many options (or sometimes nothing seems "right")!  It helps to have guidelines and the Everyday Matters (EDM) challenge list is an excellent source of sketch subject ideas, the best I know of.  I've been aware of it for awhile but have never used it.  The first item, EDM #1, is "Draw a shoe", and while I have already as a matter of course drawn three pairs of shoes, I thought I'd sketch another pair I haven't drawn yet and "officially" start the challenge.

I'm not going to push myself to do one a day, I want to feel free to sketch whatever.  But I can use this list when I feel stuck, indecisive, or uninspired.  I'm not sure if I'll get through the whole thing (likely not, the list is now huge and overwhelming at 328 items and counting), but that's...okay.  It'll always be there when I need it.  

3 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Looks like you're off to a great start. Love those shoes—are they as comfortable as they appear to be?

Stacy said...

Thanks, Laure! Yes, these shoes are very comfortable! They are the KSO Treks, made with kangaroo leather uppers.

Susan Bronsak said...

Love those shoes!!