Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Portrait of Georgia

I wanted to gift a pet portrait to a new friend who is moving away soon.  I know she has a horse so I went looking in her Facebook page for any good reference photos of her horse.  As I went through her photos, I encountered an adorable photo of her dog, Georgia.  The sad part is that it was posted because Georgia had just died.  As I went deeper in her timeline, I saw that she and Georgia had been partners for some time, and it must have indeed been very sad to lose her.  I know what it's like to love and lose dogs, I've experienced that with several dog-friends myself.  At the risk of touching on the sadness and grief, I decided to go ahead and paint a portrait of Georgia.  She has received it now and has expressed to me that she is very touched by this.

1 comment:

Diane Perin said...

What a gorgeous painting, and a thoughtful gift.